If you think you have a medical condition, the first step you need to take is to contact your physician. Once you find out what is wrong, the next decision facing you will likely be one of the most important ones you make—What do I do from here? Choosing what to do when facing a health problem can be overwhelming, but I hope this page is of some help.
The first thing you need to do is to ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask your physician or healthcare provider questions about different treatment options being laid out in front of you. By doing so, you put yourself in the best possible position to make an informed decision regarding your health. Remember, it is YOU who benefits most from doing your homework in regards to this topic.
Below are a list of questions to help you get started, along with a few articles I wrote to help others better understand how to find and interpret medical information.
- What are all the treatment options for my medical condition?
- What are the benefits of each treatment option?
- What are the risks associated with each treatment option?
- What are the chances percentagewise of me benefiting or being harmed by each treatment option?
- How much time and money will each treatment option cost me?
- What happens if I choose to do nothing about my medical condition?
For information on specific disease states please visit the following pages: