Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipe Sites
1) Straight Up Food - Cathy Fisher is a certified nutritionist who works closely with Dr. John McDougall providing cooking classes at the McDougall Program. She also currently teaches cooking classes at the True North Health clinic in Santa Rosa, CA. Her recipes avoid all animal products as well as oil, salt, and refined flours and sugars.
2) Happy Herbivore - Lindsay Nixon is the author of 3 books including The Happy Herbivore Cookbook. Her site includes fabulous whole food recipes with no added fats (including oil), refined flours, or sugars. She has a number of easy to make plant-based recipes to choose from.
3) Engine 2 Diet - Rip Esselstyn is a former world class professional triathlete. He's currently an Austin city firefighter. Rip wrote The Engine 2 Diet which focuses on plant-based nutrition to prevent and cure chronic diseases. His father is the famed Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr. of the Cleveland Clinic who performed groundbreaking research on how to reverse heart disease with a whole foods, plant-based diet. Rip makes plant-based living MANLY. He has a number of All American mouthwatering meals with a healthy twist including sloppy joes, chili dogs, and mushroom stroganoff.
4) Forks Over Knives - This documentary was the blockbuster hit that brought plant-based living into the limelight. It features legendary researchers and clinicians including Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr. The recipe site features whole foods recipes from a number of wonderful culinary experts that will have you wanting seconds again and again and again!
5) Dr. McDougall's Recipe Index - Dr. John McDougall is a game changer in the field of nutrition and medicine. He's been practicing for over 30 years using plant-based nutrition as a means to prevent and reverse chronic diseases in his patients. His recipe index is one of the largest I've ever seen in the plant-based world, and it's free! Dr. McDougall and his wife Mary promote a starch-based diet with lots of fruits and veggies added to it.
6) Plant-Powered Kitchen - Dreena Burton is the author of 4 vegan cookbooks including The Everyday Vegan. She has a number of delicious whole food recipes on her site including oil-free and gluten-free options as well.
7) The Blissful Chef - Christy Morgan is a vegan macrobiotic chef and author of Blissful Bites. She provides some incredible tasting whole food recipes with options for oil-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and raw meals.
8) The Chef and The Dietitian - Chef AJ and Plant-Based Dietitian Julieanna Hever have teamed up to provide some very entertaining and healthful videos on how to make easy, quick plant-based dishes. These two women are two of the best in the field of plant-based living. Chef AJ is the author of the book Unprocessed. Julieanna Hever is the author of the book The Complete Idiot's Guide to a Plant-Based Nutrition.
9) New Paradigm Health Cookery - Angela Woodhouse is certified in plant-based nutrition through Dr. T. Colin Campbell's course through Cornell University. She has many amazing recipes from desserts to salad dressings to entrees and more. Angela focuses on keeping it whole and keeping it healthy!
10) NutritionMD - This site is a great resource for consumers and healthcare providers to learn more about nutrition and health. Operated by the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine this site offers all kinds of plant-based recipes for everyone's style and tastes.
11) Healthy Girl's Kitchen - Wendy's blog offers a refreshing set of recipes that she developed using Dr. Joel Fuhrman's nutritarian style eating. Wendy was once an overweight, compulsive eater on the Standard American Diet but now has reclaimed her health and her waisteline. Check out her site for some great whole foods recipes with no added fats!
12) T. Colin Campbell Foundation Recipe Index - Dr. T. Colin Campbell is the pioneer when it comes to the world of nutrition and human health. He wrote the best selling book The China Study and offers a recipe index full of whole, plant-based foods to choose from.
13) Fatfree Vegan Recipes - Susan Voisin has a very large collection of over 1,400 oil-free, margarine-free plant-based recipes on this site. Some are user submitted but many are her own. She has everything covered from appetizers to sandwiches to desserts and anything in between. Click away! It'll be well worth your visit.
14) Vegan Diet Guy - The Vegan Diet Guy is certified in plant-based nutrition through Dr. T. Colin Campbell's course. He focuses on health promoting vegan recipes with little to no added oils. He even has recipes for whole grain breads.
15) Happy Healthy Long Life - The Healthy Librarian runs this site and has been a librarian for over 40 years. She is a big fan of Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr. and provides a number of no added fat plant-based recipes to help people improve their health.
photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net
Share and rate this post below or tell us what you think by posting a comment. Thank you again for stopping by and until next time... be happy, be healthy, live the life you've always dreamed of!